Conflict in the workplace
Powerful learning abilities for the whole team come about when people are able to openly talk about topics such as accountability and blame.
- Conflict in the workplace tends to escalate when it is not addressed.
- Superficially optimistic appearances can lead to discord, as denial leads to mistrust.
- Thru avoiding conflict we undermine teamwork and communication.
Steps to be taken in order to lead through conflict:
- Review the typical communication process in the organization
- Be aware of how you usually avoid conflict. If you catch yourself avoiding conflict by being passive, for example, you will be more able to address it.
- Have the team ask open ended questions in order to plan a shared outcome.
- Offer solutions and wait for feedback.