8 red flags to search for when looking at someone's LinkedIn profile
Tips for recruiters, to save you time.
By Deep Patel, Forbes.com
- Missing years
Time taken off between careers needs to be evaluated according to the circumstances.
- Beware of a pattern of changing jobs.
Evaluate your candiates for long term committment.
- Be wary of misrepresentations.
Make cross checks, and examine details.
Previous employers and timeline inconsistencies can expose lies.
- Check the spelling
Spelling mistakes are too trivial to ignore in today's workplace.
- Not enough actual or practical experience
You can't reach enlightenment from a book, as the saying goes.
- Having an appropriate picture
Photo give such a tremendous advantage that any picture quality flaws raise legitimate questions.
- Not ensuring that their profile looks good on mobile devices.
A messy profile could reveal that the candidate could have a tendency to ignore the obvious